Monday, September 1, 2008

Why We Call Her "Bee"

I've had a couple of you ask me why I refer to Lola as "Bee." Well, in case you're wondering, it's simply bc Lola's middle name is Blake. (Which is also Kendall's middle name.) At the hospital, I remember having Lola propped up on my bed in her Boppy and I just remember staring at her in amazement of oh-my-goodness-I-have-a-baby! I remember feeling so happy to finally have her here. All I could say was, "Thank you, Jesus, for Lolabee!" It just came out. It's become somewhat of a little jingle that I often repeat to her. Sooo corny, I know. Trust me, I know. However, as a parent, I've learned you begin to make jingles/songs for lots of everyday things, so this was just the beginning. (Kendall even has his own jingle for Lola too. His goes like this: "Angels danced the day you were born, doot, doot, doot, doot, doo-doo." He's going to kill me for telling on him! LOL)

So, ever since then we've referred to her as Lolabee or Bee. Writing out B-E-E just looks nicer than "Lola B." as if B. was her last initial. And, being that I'm a court reporter and basically spend my life spell-checking and wondering, "How's that spelled?" or "Is that all one word," or whatever. Fellow reporters know what I'm talking about. However, having said that, don't expect this blog to be correct all the time in terms of punctuation and grammar. Sometimes, in my own writings, I just DON'T CARE!

No comments: