Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Preschool

On Monday, Lola started preschool at FBCBA. She's going on Mondays each week to allow me to get some office work done. It would be much easier if I had a traditional job where I go to work and then come home at the end of the day. However, with the type of career I have, that's not the case. There is always a transcript (or ten) to be worked on, and being that it's my job to get every word spoken VERBATIM, it's just hard to do with a little kid goofing off. So, enter preschool.

Lola had met her teachers last week during Open House, and although we kept talking about her starting school, she really couldn't care less. She's a little familiar with FBCBA bc that's where she goes while I attend MOPs upstairs twice a month. She likes all the bright colors and bugs and butterflies on the walls of the children's area. They serve as a great distraction once she realizes she's about to be dropped off. :)

Below is a pic of her as we were heading out the door. More than anything, she was fascinated with her lunch box. She kept stopping to set it down and point out all the animals and do their noises. Then a fight would ensue when I'd pick it up and head for the door. Then I'd let her carry it again. Then she'd set it back down to look at the animals. On and on. We finally made it to the car and to school. However, I forgot to pack her an extra set of clothes and a blanket to nap on. I didn't realize this until I had already dropped her off. I'm not used to this routine obviously. It all worked out though bc I never got a call from the school informing me of a "situation" that required her needing the change of clothes, and her sweet teachers said nap time wasn't a big deal either bc Lola wouldn't nap unless they held her. WHAT?! She knows better than to try that at home... Next week I'll be prepared. Let's just hope I don't forget to take the snacks bc it's already my turn to provide them. That wouldn't be good.


1 comment:

Krista said...

Ok, this makes me want to cry! She is growing toooo fast!