Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bittersweet

I don't know why I do this to myself. I can stare at these pics of Lola as a newborn and it literally makes my heart ache. Not in a bad way, by any means. Just in a way that the love makes my heart feel like it could burst. I just never understood that kind of love until Lola came along. It's also helped me to understand God's love better too. No matter how full my heart feels with love for Bee, the Lord loves me just at much -- even more!

This verse comes to mind:

"How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!" Psalm 139:17-18

It seems like the newborn stage went by especially fast. Lola was less than a week old in all of these pictures. I was an exhausted first-time mom trying to figure out our new life with this baby. I have loved every minute of it. Out of the bazillion pics I have of Bee, these teeny baby pics probably mean the most to me. They just remind me that I know that I will never look back on my life and wish that I'd spent less time with her. Never.






1 comment:

Krista said...

The top picture is so close to a face that Kendall makes its not even funny! She was and still is the cutest baby ever!