Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why "Carrot Cake" You Ask...

Once I finally decided to go ahead and start my blog, I was looking for a name that would conjure up feelings of home, friendship, happiness, smiles, fun, sharing, and on and on. The purpose of my blog is to simply share highlights of what goes on in our home so that friends and family have the chance to see Lola and read about how she's growing up, neat things I come across and want to share, crafty things, and even tasty recipes from time to time; to put it simply, just a fun little place to visit.

Well, since nothing really came to mind while trying to think of a name, I gave up and just went to bed. Well, lo and behold, that night I had a dream about my blog! Seriously. I don't remember too much about that dream except the next morning the words "blog" and "carrot cake" were just in my head. (Needless to say, I've been debating on starting a blog for quite a while; several of y'all know this bc I oftentimes find myself saying "Oh, I gotta take a picture for my blog!" Only then to get the response, "You don't even have a blog!") Anyway, it then occurred to me that that is exactly the type of thing I'd been searching for.

When I think of carrot cake, I think of being at home, hanging out -- just happiness. Anyone who knows me even remotely well knows that food is where my heart is. I mean, Kendall even referenced this in his wedding vows to me. "And I promise to always let you have the bigger piece of cake." That is SO me! Nothing thrills me like getting the chance to just be at home and bake something sweet...then sharing it! I love, love, love carrot cake...all that cream cheese frosting...so sweet and just a little nutty. Just like yours truly!

So, there you have it, the silly little way I came up with the name of my blog. (However, it didn't hurt that some of the more popular types of titles were already taken.) My goal is to post several times a week, so leave your comments and hope you enjoy visiting us!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh, Jamie! Your blog is so cute! CONGRATULATIONS on finally starting your very own!

Christen said...

I love it! You are so technologically advanced. I am jealous :) I think it is great!!

Jamie said...

Thanks, guys!!