Wednesday, July 28, 2010

That's How I Roll

Every weekend, I make out the upcoming week's menu. I love, love, love cooking and baking so planning this way makes it easy to always try out new recipes. It also saves our family SO MUCH money bc we can eat at home all week for about $65 each week. About $25 of that weekly budget goes to fresh fruit and vegetables. When the time comes and we have a house that allows for us to garden, we hope to grow a lot of stuff and live off of its bounty. Until then, I shop mostly at SuperTarget. They always have a good produce area and lots of great sales. I like Walmart too, but I'm usually disappointed in their produce selection. I'm just a big fan of Target.

I make out the menu, fill out my Grocery Store spreadsheet that I made which matches my menu (nerd alert!), and we're all set for the week! We eat supper at 6:00 everyday. My goal is to always have that happen. Extracurricular activities are not going to be a priority in this house. Family meals will be.

As you can see, though, there are times that I grab lunch out somewhere. This week we went to Sonic on our way home from grocery shopping. I make one dessert each week and rarely ever buy snacks. We were in Kansas City over the weekend, so it sort of threw off our usual routine of Monday morning grocery shopping.

And, since I love to craft, I made a little clipboard that holds the menus. I just Mod Podged some cute paper to a little clipboard after I scalloped the edges, and then Gorilla glued some magnets on the back. Easy! And, that's just how I roll...



No comments: