Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm Back...Again...For now...

I'm not even going to bother updating since my last post. It's been way too long and way too much has happened, but here's a quick rundown: Cal Rocco Jones was born last year. Lolabee is now 3. I'm a stay-home mama and am thoroughly fulfilled in my new life. Court reporting and my career was my focus for ten years and now that's on the backburner. We're in the process of trying to sell our house to accomodate my lack of income. Plus, we have a desire to live simply and hopefully get a little chunk of land. Our current cookie cutter home is in a wonderful neighborhood, but just doesn't have the outdoor space Kendall and I would like to have. Growing up on a ranch, there literally were no limits to where I could roam; now that I have kids, I see how awesome that was! We want to garden, play, and just have wide open space to let the kids enjoy. I'm currently researching the possibility of home-schooling. I decided to blog again bc I love reading others' blogs and seeing how other people live; thought I'd contribute as well! Now on to the good stuff...

I love it when my friends have babies bc it gives me an excuse to take them a meal. Sharing a meal makes my heart happy. Usually, I just double whatever I make them and save half for my family's meal. It works out well bc we either have supper or I freeze it for later. I'm all about freezing. I recently learned some cool tips on the best ways to freeze food. I'll share that later. This post is all about this super simple cake. I'm so glad that I convinced myself that Jami and her family didn't need the whole thing... :) So rather than make a 9x13, I made two 8x8's. Perfect!

As you can see, I can't seem to stay out of this darn little cake! It's such a light, pretty, summery cake!


Cherry Poke Cake
(or whatever flavor of Jello you want)

1 white cake, prepared according to the package's instructions
1 small package of Jello
3/4 c. boiling water
1/2 c. cold water

Cool Whip frosting, recipe below


Prepare your cake. Poke holes all over the top with a fork or end of a wooden spoon. In a little bowl, combine Jello with hot water and stir until dissolved. Stir in cold water. Pour over the cake. Refrigerate for 3 hours and prepare frosting.


Cool Whip Frosting

1 small package of vanilla instant pudding (you can also use your favorite flavor, but this is mine)
1 8-ounce tub of Cool Whip
1/2 c. milk

Pour milk into a medium bowl and add pudding mix. Beat with electric mixer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Gently stir in Cool Whip. Spread over cake. Keep cake refrigerated.

No comments: