Friday, July 30, 2010

My "New" Dishmat

I don't really know the point in having a dishwasher. I have one and use it MAYBE once a week. All it ever washes is silverware and our dinner plates. Everything else, like my pots and pans, bakeware, wooden utencils, can't go in the dishwasher. I follow the manufacturer's suggestions on those things bc I use them so much, I want them to last.

Anyhow, I saw several cute tutorials on making your own dishmat out of an old towel. They were super cute and I since I'm always looking for a cute, functional project, I gave it a shot. I didn't follow any of the tutorials, though. Too technical! I totally made up my own as I went along so a real seamstress would probably croak if she saw my handiwork. I just pieced together a bunch of fabric pieces and sewed them on the old towel, flipped it inside out, and it was done!

I usually just throw out a regular dishtowel, but I have to use two at a time to hold all the stuff I wash. Since I got those pretty aqua towels, it gave me an excuse to cut one of the old bath towels down to just the right size. I think it's cute in a rather boring kitchen. :)


I love fabric. Those red polka dots just keeps giving and giving. I used it on Christmas presents, shower curtain, and now this!

No comments: